General English will help you develop the English language skills for everyday use, like speaking, listening, reading, writing, vocabulary, idioms, grammar, pronunciation and fluency. You’ll progress through the levels based on academic achievement which will be constantly monitored.
SMART English Melbourne strongly encourages you to review the key language taught in class and ask teachers for help at any time. Our General English course does not have a minimum language entry requirement. In fact, we welcome everyone to make the best of their time throughout this incredible journey.
Levels – Elementary to Advanced (5 Levels)
Class hours – 20 contact hours
Duration – 2-52 weeks (10 weeks per level)
Class size – Maximum 18 students
Intake day – Every Monday
- Completion of Year 10 or equivalent.
- No academic requirement is needed. Students will take an English placement test to determine their entry level.
In our General English (Elementary to Advanced Level), we…
- Use a communicative approach
- Use authentic material
- Show a variety of accents
- Supplement from challenging teaching resources
- Encourage flipped classrooms
- Encourage class culture
Weekly tests and structured teacher’s feedback based on academic scores and in-class assessment.
End of the course
- End-of-course report
- Certificate of completion or participation based on attendance and assessment scores.
- Everyday language use
Morning 08:30 AM - 12:45 PM
Afternoon 12:55 PM - 05:05 PM
17:15 PM - 21:30